- Environmental, Health and Safety targets are achieved and continuously improved.
- Responsible for compliance and timely / accurate reporting against both Ingredion and local regulatory standards. Responsible for correctly reporting all incidents and injuries as well as following corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence – ensures communication of learning.
- Lead the process design of expansion CAPEX projects according to plan to meet the business plan. Projects executed according to agreed plans and to Ingredion standards.
- Manage and give direction to the design companies to ensure the project will be on schedule and meet our requirements
- Accountable for compliance to Ingredion standards and all regulatory/legal requirements and EHS and Quality manuals
- A good understanding of change management
Agility and Innovation
- Capable of understanding deeply the various different elements of plant design and operation, with a high level of curiosity and challenge, to ensure optimum result.
- Monitors closely external advances in technologies and introduces the relevant ones to provide a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Reviewing best practice in the industry through visiting external partners/suppliers/conferences and consulting internally with the global engineering team to assist and guide on best solutions.
- Never accepting conventional wisdom without challenging to see if there is a better way; and having the confidence to try new approaches while minimalizing the consequences when there will be inevitable failures.
- Collaborate with business lead and project manager to assess investments required, build business case, and deliver ROI commitments after implementation
- Ability to understand future operations and maintenance requirements for the relevant process and incorporate into the design
- Able to drive stakeholder engagement to achieve alignment
- Collaborates closely with local, regional and global colleagues to ensure best practice, with learning shared and implemented.
- Select, educate, and manage external suppliers/contractors/service partners to operate at Ingredion standards.
- Brings passion and motivation across the team through good communication, support, recognition and rewards processes operating effectively.
- Lead by example through developing a work environment exemplifying Ingredion’s core values.
- Qualifications – degree in chemical, mechanical, electrical or control engineering.
- Experience - minimum of 5 years in wet milling process, and/or project management within a multinational company.
- Engineering & Process Knowledge – Experience & knowledge in electricity, instruments and controls (like DCS, PLC); Experience in mechanics (like pumps, valves, agitators, and other chemical machines/devices, etc.) is a plus.
- Automation and Control – Strong fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design and it’s application to industrial processes
- SHE Knowledge - SSHE awareness and knowledge (Work Permit, LOTOTO, MOC, basic knowledge in China National Engineering/Environment standards, experience in engineering preventative methods, like all kinds of instruments, interlocks and alarms, etc.)
- GMP Knowledge - Good knowledge of GMP and Lean manufacturing, etc.
- PC Skills - Skills with PC software like AutoCAD, Excel, Word and Project, etc.
- Language skills - fluent in English. Comprehension of Chinese is a plus.
- Communication skills - Good communications skills, open mind and problem solving skills.
- Networking & influencing – comfortable and effective at communicating with multiple stakeholders at different levels to get “buy-in”.
- Taking ownership – be fully accountable and responsible to ensure key agreed deliverables are effectively executed. Strong sense of ownership and urgency---clear about expectations & persists until task completed.
- Drive for results – capable of staying focused on delivery while dealing with a lot of autonomy, ambiguity, and people with competing priorities
- Fostering results-focused innovation – accepts and deals effectively with dynamic change and always finding better and smarter ways to do things. Try new things, challenge the status quo and seek alternative solutions.
- Customer focus - Actively looking for ways to increase value and satisfaction for customers in-and external.
- Building trusted relationships – proactively helps others and responds to their business needs to build strong working relationships. Establishing a constructive and cooperative relationship with others and a climate of openness and trust.
- Operating with agility - eagerly implements improvements by keeping an open mind and actively incorporating changes.
- Encouraging personal growth – develops, coaches, and supports peers and reports.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.